The computer system is owned by the school, and may be used by children to further their education and by staff and other registered users, to enhance their professional activities including teaching and training, research, administration and management. The school’s Internet Access Policy has been drawn up to protect all parties – the pupils, the staff, other registered users and the school.
The school reserves the right to examine or delete any files that may be held on its computer system or to monitor any Internet sites visited.
- All Internet activity should be appropriate to professional activity or the pupil’s education.
- Access should only be made via the authorised account and password, which should not be made available to any other person.
- Activity that threatens the integrity of the school ICT system, or activity that attacks or corrupts other systems, is forbidden.
- Users are responsible for all e-mail sent and for contacts made that may result in e-mail being received.
- Use for personal financial gain, gambling, political purposes, advertising or social networking is forbidden.
- Copyright of materials must be respected to prevent plagiarism.
- Posting anonymous messages and forwarding chain letters is forbidden.
- As email can be forwarded or inadvertently be sent to the wrong person, the same professional levels of language and content should be applied as for letters or other media.
- Use of the network to access inappropriate materials such as pornographic, racist or offensive material is strictly forbidden.