School Administrative Assistant
Airthrie School has an exciting vacancy for an Administrative Assistant to help with all aspects of life in a busy school office.
Commencing November 2017, the role will be for 40 hours per week, 8:30 to 17:00 with a half-hour lunch break. A part-time position, working a minimum of 3 full days per week, would be considered for the right candidate. The position is for 52 weeks of the year and offers a salary of £15,000 to £17,000 per annum, depending on number of days worked, experience and qualifications. The post is permanent, subject to a three month probationary period.
Other benefits include a free lunch every day (term-time only), a staff pension scheme and 28 days per year paid holiday.
The successful applicant will:
- Act as first point of reference when people arrive
- Answer phone calls and deal with email enquiries
- Receive and dispatch School mail
- Liaise with Parents & Guardians
- Liaise with Local Education Authorities and other external Agencies
- Receive and provide hospitality to visitors and maintain the visitors log book
- Administer all pupil record systems
- Other ad-hoc duties that may arise, which can include aspects of marketing
To be considered for the position you will need the following:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- A high standard of written English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Naturally an enjoyment of children’s personalities
Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous, but not essential as full training will be given.
Airthrie School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter.